Hello my lovely angels...
Today I have a blog post for you all with a guide to help all you lovely ladies and men out there that needs a little help with your skincare CTM routine. I have done a detailed blog post for you all which can help you all out who are suffering from severe acne and blemishes. If you would like to see that, just need to click the link below:
Worried about your acne.html
Remember lovelies, this is just a guide to help you all out. I am not a certified doctor so if you need help, do not hesitate to see a medical practitioner and get required help.
Here is my recommended skincare routine for all you lovely men and ladies... Remember, you need to be patient to let this work on your skin. Do this religiously for 3 months to see results and if not, switch products or see a doctor for sure ok. These are just tips to guide you all.
1) Cleanse your face using a face wash containing Salicylic acid or Glycolic acid suitable for Acne-prone skin. Use lukewarm water while cleansing to help open your pores. NEVER EVER use soap on your face as it can excessively dry it out! Pat you face dry using a clean towel. Do not rub and rub!! After cleansing, splash cold water on your face to help close your pores.
2) Tone your face next. Use any toner that is gentle and has no alcohol in it. The most natural toner easily available is Rosewater which I personally use. Take a cotton pad and soak it with rose water (or any good toner suitable for oily skin) and gently wipe on your pores and T-zone area.
3) Moisturise your skin well using a moisturiser that contain Salicylic acid or tea tree oil. Get something which is light and fresh and not too heavy on your skin. Moisturiser preferably should be Paraben free, Silicone free and Perfume free. Stay clear of products that contain Almond oil because it may cause breakouts on certain people.
4) Apply a good sunscreen suitable for oily/combination skin at least 20 mins prior to stepping out. Apply sunscreen before applying your makeup. From the drugstore in India you can definitely use Lotus sunscreen which is a good option. From the high end range, I recommend using La Roche Posay and Kiehls. Both are extremely good. Apply it generously on your face and neck and all the exposed areas of your skin. SUN PROTECTION IS MANDATORY TO PREVENT PREMATURE AGING, FINE LINES, PIGMENTATION AND WRINKLES!
Hope this is clear till now my lovelies, yes?
I know, I know!! But you need to follow this strictly if you need good skin ok! :D
Always take your makeup off at night!! Yes, that's right! :)
MUST! You are guilty of that right... Haha... ;)
Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 from above.
4) Apply a good night cream from a good skincare brand. There are many brands available in the market which you can choose from. Night creams tend to be more thicker in consistency. At night your skin repairs and replenishes and this is what a good night cream tends to achieve. I have recommended couple of skincare brands below that you should definitely check out if you have it available near you.
5) Buy pure organic Jojoba oil or Grapeseed oil and apply 2 drops of it all over your face every night. Do not use more than that. This can really help to reduce inflammation of your skin and help to reduce oil production and heal acne scarring.
Follow me till here? :)
Twice a Week Routine at Night:
1) Cleanse as above using lukewarm water using the same product as mentioned under step 1 in the morning routine. Pat your skin dry after cleansing using a clean face towel.
2) Steam your face next. You can get Face Sauna machines that are readily available in the market. You can also add couple of drops of tea tree oil into the water before steaming. Cover yourself with a cloth and steam your face for 5 minutes. DO NOT PUT YOUR FACE VERY CLOSE TO THE MACHINE.. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP A DISTANCE AS IT CAN GET REALLY HOT! Steaming your face can really help to open your pores. If you have a lot of blackheads, steaming your face prior to exfoliation will definitely help to remove all the dirt and oils in your pores and to give your skin a good cleanse.
3) Exfoliate your skin using a gentle scrub. St-Ives Apricot scrub is perfectly fine. You can get really good scrubs from The Body Shop as well. If you have a breakout, avoid exfoliation. Wait till the breakout heals completely. Always use products suitable for oily acne-prone skin. St.Ives does an Apricot scrub containing Salicylic acid, you can use that as well. DO NOT SCRUB HARSH! Be very very gentle and scrub in rotating motion over your pores, nose, forehead, chin for 3-4 mins and wash away with lukewarm water. Wash it and pat it dry using a clean towel. You can also make your own face scrub using rice flour (slightly coarse), lemon juice and honey.
4) Apply a good face mask evenly all over your face and neck, avoiding the eye area. Clay-based masks or Charcoal masks are perfect for blemished skin. Origins brand does a very popular and good charcoal mask which helps to deep cleanse your pores and making your skin feel brighter and clean. You can also make your own mask at home using Multhani mitti (Fuller's earth). Mix that with 1 tsp yogurt and Kasthuri Manjal (pure turmeric) and apply it all over your face. Let it dry for 25-30 mins and wash away using warm water. If you have very pale skin, turmeric may stain your skin a bit so I would advise you to use sandalwood powder instead and it also does wonders to your skin. You can make your own charcoal mask at home as well. There are several recipes online.
5) Apply your night cream and oil as always.
I have done an elaborate post for Acne-prone skin on my blog which you can check out using the link below:
Worried about your acne.html
This will definitely help you to achieve clear and healthy looking skin. I personally do not endorse any kind of fairness or bleaching products so I do not recommend you to use any of them. They contain harmful and harsh chemicals that can be harmful to your skin in the long run and is one of the main causes for hyper pigmentation. Such bleaching products will react harsh with sun exposure and will cause skin conditions like melasma after you cross a particular age.
Skincare Brands that are worth checking out
This list includes a mixture of both high end and drugstore brands that I love using from across the world. I have tried to keep it down to 30 here but there are several more that I personally love, to be honest but these brands I personally do prefer since I have tried all these and love it a lot! :)
Source: Internet search engines,copyright with respective owners. Shared only for information.
*P.S: Retinol creams should never be used without a prescription from the doctor.
I hope this post is helpful to you cupcakes... :) Don't forget to check out my other post which I have linked above that contains detailed information on how to tackle acne-prone skin.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to let me know and I shall reply back to you.
Stay pretty and keep smiling my lovelies! :)