Hello my lovely pieces of my heart...
Today for my MOTD, I will be explaining a look for you in more detail with Tips to achieve this look because I do know there are a number of you lovely angels there who wish to learn this look, since many of you do not have much time to get ready and majority of you work so need something simple, soft and neutral, perfect for a day.
Here is the Product Breakdown:
1) Eucerin Dermo Purifyer as Moisturiser
2) Kiehls Sunscreen
3) Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation in Intensity 3.5
4) NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
5) MAC Studio Finish Concealer in the shade NC40
6) Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the shade Translucent
EYES AND EYEBROWS:
7) Sleek Brow Kit in the shade Extra Dark
8) MAC Eyeshadow in Soft Brown
9) Maybelline Gel liner in Brown
10) Barry M Kohl Pencil in Brown
11) The Balm Bahama Mama as Bronzer
12) Rimmel Lip liner in 046 Ultimate
13) Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in #26
14) Revlon Lip Gloss in Pink Ice
MASCARA AND MAKEUP SETTING:
15) Maybelline Falsies Mascara used on my upper and lower lashes.
16) MAC Fix Plus to set makeup
1) Wear your moisturiser and your sunscreen ALWAYS and allow it to sink into your skin for 10 mins before applying anything else. I used my Eucerin Dermo Purifyer as my moisturiser and used Kiehls Sunscreen all over my face.
2) You can wear a foundation or a BB cream or if you have naturally flawless skin, you can even wear a tinted moisturiser. Use the one that you can wear comfortably that suits YOUR skin type. If you are new to wearing foundation, I would recommend you to read my Foundation Series for tips first. Learn to master the technique of wearing a foundation properly. If it is for a day time look, you can easily sheer out your foundation by mixing it with a moisturiser and applying it all over your face using your hands. Depends solely on your personal choice but wearing a base makeup can even out your skintone and look nice. Here, I used little bit of my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation in the shade Intensity 3.5 which suits my skin type and tone beautifully and looks natural on me.
3) Groomed eyebrows are ESSENTIAL. Thread, wax or pluck as how you like but do not do ultra thin brows. They are so out of fashion. Natural arched brows that are sculpted are in. DO NOT USE pencil harshly and draw on your eyebrows. They look fake, harsh and so out of place. Use an eyebrow powder or a brow gel in dark brown tones and just fill it in mildly. If you want, you can even set the brows in place using a brow gel or a clear mascara. Remember, eyebrows define your entire face! Here I used my Sleek Brow Kit in the shade Extra Dark.
4) For the concealer under your eyes, use one shade lighter to brighten up your eyes and make you look wide awake. Ensure you do not use anything that is too cakey, too matte, too light or too dark. These can look patchy for a simple look if not set properly. You need something with less maintenance. Examples like Maybelline Fit me concealer, MAC Select Cover up etc. As for your blemishes and pigmentation, you need to use another concealer that is the exact same tone as your skintone (not lighter, not darker). Set your concealer with a compact powder so that it will last longer throughout the rest of the day. For my concealer, I used my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer under my eyes and for my blemishes and pigmentation, I used my MAC Studio Finish Concealer in the shade NC40. I set the concealers using Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in the shade Translucent.
5) Use a Bronzer, one tone darker than your own skin tone lightly on your cheekbones, under your chin, along the temples etc. This can bring definition to your face and make it look slimmer and will bring a natural skin kissed glow and colour to your skin. Here I used my Bronzer from The Balm called Bahama Mama.
6) Use a very neutral matte eyeshadow lightly all over your eyelids. Do NOT use any shimmer, glitter, frost, metallic finishes at all. Use a very natural light brown shade and dust it only slightly. I used MAC Eyeshadow in Soft Brown all over my lid.
7) Draw eyeliner using Brown or Black eyeliner. Brown will look more natural and muted and will give a natural effect to your eyes. DO NOT WING YOUR EYELINER, LEAVE IT NATURAL. On your lower waterline, instead of a usual black eyeliner, use a brown. This gives a softer and more feminine touch. Curl your lashes and use black mascara on your upper and lower lashes. I used Maybelline Gel liner in Brown and for my lower eyeliner I used Barry M Kohl Pencil in Brown. For mascara I used Maybelline Falsies.
8) As for lips, I have kept it very, very neutral here. I used a Natural Brown lip liner an drew my lips. Initially, I used Rimmel Lip liner in 046 Ultimate. Then I took a lip brush and blended the line seamlessly into my lips. Then I took a nude lipstick, Rimmel Kate Moss #26 which is a light nude shade and blended it into the centre of my lips using my lip brush for a softer dimension. On top, I used Revlon Lip gloss in the shade Pink Ice for a soft touch. Finally, set your makeup using a setting spray to seal everything in place. I used my MAC Fix Plus for this look.
9) Spray on a nice fresh scent on your wrist and pulse points and then you are good to go for the rest of the day.
Hope you enjoyed this look and the tips I have suggested above. It might look like a lot of steps but when you learn it, it is hardly going to take 15-20 mins for you to get ready for your work everyday. For tutorials on how to create different looks, make sure to check out my workshops and online classes and I would be happy to teach you all.
Stay pretty and keep smiling!